Books and References
1. An Excursion in Mathematics: Ed. M. R. Modak, S. A. Katre, V. V.Acharya, Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana, Pune.
This book can be purchased from Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana by paying Rs. 140. Outstation candidates have to pay postal charges. The demand draft of Rs. 170 may be drawn in the favour of Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana payable at Pune.
2. Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics: V. Krishnamurthy, C. R. Pranesachar, K. N. Ranganathan, New Age International Publications.
3. Problem Primer for the Olympiad, C. R. Pranesachar and others, Interline Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
1. Introduction to the Theory of Numbers: Niven and Zuckerman (Wiley).
2. Elementary Number Theory: David Burton (UBS).
3. Higher Algebra: Hall and Knight (Macmillan).
4. Higher Algebra: Barnard and Child (Macmillan).
5. Combinatorics: V. K. Balakrishnan (Schaum's Series).
6. Applied Combinatorics: A. Tucker (Wiley).
7. Techniques of Problem Solving: S. G. Krantz (Univ. Press).
8. Mathematical Circles : Dmitri Fomin and others (University Press).
The last book 'Mathematical Circles' is strongly recommended as it contains typical Olympiad type problems. This book is easily availiable in the market.